Tis be the time of 1:00am, and I can’t sleep cause my sleeping pattern has been obliterated, but I don’t have the energy to edit videos, so I’m going to do a little blog and keep you all updated till tomorrow when I’m going to finalize and post my vlogs.
I’d like not to go into too much detail because the vlog is already so intensively detailed that I just think it’d be overkill, but I’ll hit on the high points here:
– After I went with my couch host to his school’s LGBTQ resource center, one of his awesome friends pointed me towards Trans Thrive, an absolutely incredible organization in the city dedicated to keeping trans people healthy and off the streets, HIV prevention, depression, support groups, the works. Everything you can imagine, they provide. Long story short, they put me on the fast track to get testosterone- I don’t know how to describe how extraordinary it was that I had an appointment for gender consultation after being in the city for 29 hours.
– I GOT MY SCRIPT. I am getting my first shot on February 17th at 4pm. Bow taken.
– I went to this little transmen speed dating thing, and well, I don’t like to kiss and tell, but I will say that I have someone to celebrate Valentine’s Day with. (OKAY I’LL TELL HE’S AN INCREDIBLE TRANS GUY FORMER AIRFORCEMAN HE’S SO FUCKING CUTE okay done having a panic attack of HOW FUCKING AWESOME IS MY LIFE?! )
– There was free HIV testing so I did that, it came up negative, no surprise there. Tom H., disease-free since 1988. ;D
– It looks as though I’ll be getting free dental, and get this, possibly into a program for getting my top surgery done for free as well. I’m afraid free top surgery will make me look like frankenstein, but at least my binder won’t be destroying my back any longer, so it’s whatever.
– Speaking of binders, I got a free one from Trans Thrive that ACTUALLY FITS, now isn’t that a novel concept?
– Got a haircut, that’s boring and I’m sure you’ll see it in the videos.
– I got wolf-whistled at in the Castro today. I feel appropriately male AND fabulous.
– Tomorrow I’m going to a transguy-run super bowl party, which is great because I’ve never had any reason to watch it before. (I honestly kinda wanted to do my first shot on Super Bowl Sunday cause that just seemed appropriate, but that’s the point at which I cross over from being needy to nitpicky. The 17th is almost too soon for me to take in!)
I’m sure I’m missing things, I didn’t ask my Puppy if it was okay to write about him yet either so I won’t go into a lot of detail till later, but MAN did I luck out, he’s the sweetest most incredible level-headed generous adventurous soul with a knack for back massage and GOD, what did I ever do to deserve all this good all at once?
I’m preparing honestly for something absolutely devastating to happen.
About Monday- there’s a sad thing, that you can’t take advantage of the food pantries around here without a proof of residence in the SF zip codes, which seems counterintuitive to trying to serve the homeless, because I’d update my I.D. if I actually HAD an address. ANYWAY, I’m going to the Transgender Law Center monday to see if they can help me sort my expired license out so maybe i can get food stamps. Mmm, edible things.
Also monday I’m getting my blood work done. There was someothing else but i literally just fell asleep at the keyboard, so i’m surre i’ll remember in the morning. I love ALL YOUR FACES, you mean the world to me, dear readers, truly. MUST SLEEP